"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Thursday 2 June 2016

You don't know what is Chinese spare ribs?

I suddenly remembered an interesting scene concerning racism. As a child, I remembered a racism scene in Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon where there's this black guy asking one of the Chinese waiters for some Chinese spare ribs. When the Chinese guy went like "huh?", the black guy just replied "you don't know what is Chinese spare ribs?"
After that, the black guy just punched the poor guy on the ribs. Very bad, right? Wait till you imagine Bruce Lee reversing the tables (pardon the pun since it's a restaurant scene). Which he really did anyway.

Since then, we Chinese are stereotyped as masters of kung-fu. Whatever you do, please don't trust Hollywood.

Another thing we Chinese are famous for?
Romance. If you're fan of Twilight, it means you should also have a go at ancient Chinese romance. More oft than, it involves beautiful girls and guys who are outright dumb. The girl will be a fox demon while the guy will be the dumb scholar. It's either that or the guy will be a super powerful swordsman (quite likely a genius to start with), only to be a loser before the girl he likes. Sounds corny? Well, plenty of people will say Twilight is corny anyway. True or not, I cannot tell you unless I get a girlfriend who is a Twi-hard.
Above meme shouldn't be seen as how I see my ideal rich, beautiful, and intelligent girlfriend.
Either way, I'm only doing this for the song...
...Theme: Not Even Death Shall Do Us Part
(i.e. you really believe in reincarnation?)

Above song is the mainstream version of this theme

Below is my reply to the mainstream version

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Chinese_Ghost_Story



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Chinese_Ghost_Story_II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Tales*
*I still remember the Xiaocui arc. That had to be the best one. The ending was quite heartrending in a surreal way.

Note: If you know Cantonese, then why are you asking me how to pronounce the surname Wu in Cantonese. I really find this kind of situation absolutely weird. And to think it really happened to me during 2013. :S

Add note: Let me just say that the surname Wu is pronounced as Ng in Cantonese. I hope this satisfies that auntie who asked me this stupid question. Or is it really a stupid question? What if this is a trap requested by a girl who is 4 years younger than me? Why am I even asking this retarded question to begin with?

Okay, let's continue...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painted_Skin_(2008_film)*
*I suddenly realized this movie may have made a certain Qi Yuwu a wee bit famous before Joanne Peh made him even more famous. Not that he really needs that much fame anyway.

I swear you won't find the below two songs anywhere apart from the internet...
(In other news, Amos Yee has yet again trolled the internet. Well sorta anyway...)



http://wiki.wuxiaedge.com/index.php/Legend_of_the_Ancient_Sword

Only for those who understand Chinese
Same as above

P.S: Suddenly realized two things. Firstly, the sword can also be seen as a tactician/strategist's symbol while the zither can be seen seen as a bard's symbol. Secondly, I recall taking a picture of two keychains I bought 4 teh lolz during my fellowship trip to NegaraKukup.

No comments:

Post a Comment