"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Thursday 4 August 2016

Nothing but the truth...

It's been truly quite an eventful 4 years. Ever since I started blogging in my now defunct That Random Blade, things have been quite unreal. From April 2012 until now, the prospect of being under the global microscope still feels unreal. From other people's proactive attitude amounting to positivity to my knowledge of a certain girl still waiting for me to be her boyfriend, it's been a funny ride. Everyone is currently acting dumb, I'm still that Truman Burbank of the Singaporean Truman Show. I'm under no illusions that every Singaporean knows how I look like, I already knew the name Kuok Minghui has been going around the world for way more than eighty days. As for my churchmates, I knew right from the start that they're forced to play dumb as well. While I do not know exactly the reason why (albeit I have made a guess or two), one thing I know for sure is that they're still telling me (in their own way of course) that their beloved little bro has become an unofficial global celebrity waiting to be made official. It still feels absolutely unreal (not to mention weird), but I understand that behind every unnatural reaction lies a natural reason. And that includes why I'm so daring now in pursuing that girl whom I know is still waiting for me in this manner below.


A/N: Garou Central won't be back unless there's a compelling reason for me to do a Soulforged effect on it. Period. When I said I wanted to start afresh with a new style, I mean it.

A message of congratulations...
...to my beloved sister in Christ, U. I once asked half jokingly when are you going to turn pro in being a harpist. Apparently, you're more interested in playing the harp as a form of hobby. Thinking back on my days in church since day one (i.e. from 2000 onwards), I realized I've been both stupid and misunderstood. Stupid because I truly ended up doing plenty of stupid things. Misunderstood because I'm still pretty sure nobody knew the reason behind my stupidity. And that includes my own family. No friends, only acquaintances. Got family, but no family members. Desired to have girlfriend, every of my ideal choice (both in church and otherwise) made me understood that I was never good enough. Fast forward to 2016 and I'll most likely be spending my National Day alone. Difference is, I now have God to spend it with me. This has to be the closest thing to Moses spending forty years in the wilderness of Midian and Elijah spending his time alone in the Kerith Ravine, definitely the closest thing to David's eight years in exile. This is not a boast, this is an expression of my own experience.

So to those whom I've troubled greatly due to my immaturity (I know there's at least that one girl in church whom I've had a crush on), I can only say sorry. If there's anything I could have done, most likely I'd have known by now. I know there are those happily attached and those happily married. Then there are those who are still single and waiting for a man ten times better than me. For the lack of better words used, I'm more than happy to give you all my blessings.


My aforementioned beloved sister in Christ actually shared this on her FB page. Not in public view of course. Then I started asking myself this question: What if this group of talented people is to perform songs we'd never expect?

Below are my personal choices. Enjoy. ;)

Disclaimer!
I can (truthfully) assure every jumpy (and nosey) individual that U is NOT one of those I've got a crush on. Period. That's why the title of this post is "Nothing but the truth...", not "Nothing but the PRC..."

C'mon, you think I'me being real in upping this one?
Only two reasons for me to do this little piece of nonsense:
1. For her because I know she's a Chouder.
2. For me because a genius is always born abnormal.

Now for the real (?) playlist





Of course must have Korean also...

Yes, I've upped this song before. Period.

At the same time, someone in my church actually piqued my interest in all things Korean and Three Kingdoms combined. In other words, it's thanks to him that I know what Silla was all about.


Of course must also have angmoh also what...

I'll be brutally frank here. It was accidentally thanks to my youth fellowship N years ago which brought me to this song above. Moral of the story? It's still not too late to know how abnormal I truly am provided you're daring enough.


This one is definitely one of my all time favourites. Period.

Because it's really running late at night, allow me to round off this post with two more songs.

Yes, that's the same song in the first video. Another one of my all time favourites.


I know this piece sounds quite dark. Trust me when I say I'm officially someone who is emotionally damaged beyond repair.



P.S: Four years ago, the same brethren who taught me a wee bit about Silla actually made a joke mention about me and some radiographer. At the same time, he made another joke about me which was(?) inspired by Prof Yi Zhongtian. All in good humour of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment