"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Thursday 26 January 2017

[冬の鎮魂曲] Eins

Recently, I asked myself some questions concerning my sister. You see, she's not the kind of person to run after Korean shows. When she first fell in love with Running Man, I realized her jumping on the bandwagon was arguably more than a wee overdue. After all, the show has been running (pardon the pun) for a few years already. As if Running Man wasn't enough for her, she decided to watch another Korean show.

Come to think of it, The Legend of the Blue Sea wasn't the reason why I felt something was amiss. Rather, it's due to what I've said about her Running Man.

Which now comes to...


Above video is basically sung by a fan rather than the original deal. The fact that Shikata Akiko is a woman basically says it all. Don't bother trying to find the original. It got taken down. However, the rest of Shikata-san's songs remained intact on YouTube. So why only Thrylos? Possibly it's due to...

1. Thrylos is too great a song to ignore. Which means too many people were guilty of visiting websites offering video ripping service. Which now comes to...

2. The presence of an accidental connoisseur. Before I started sharing the original song on my now defunct That Random Blade blog, everything was peaceful. After I did the unthinkable, people started doing their own unthinkable.

3. It's not just Thrylos getting that YouTube copyright claim statement. Period.

So what it means is this:

1. Someone was guilty of inducing my sister into the Running fandom. I suspect it's my super mignonne legal housebreaker.

2. It's also possible that the 문화체육관광부 desired to get my accidental endorsement (basically free of charge). Unfortunately for them, there's no way for them to contact me in the name of striking a deal. In other words, go get the sister of Le Connoisseur d'Singapour.

To those at the MCST, please don't say I never give your country face...


A/N: Of course, chances are that I'm actually born abnormal. After all...
...we're both crazy. I mean me and Lovecraft, not me and my super mignonne legal housebreaker.

Lyrics
Let's see if I will score another accidental casualty in the name of copyright claim.
Also, I find some shocking parallels between me and Victorique de Blois. Perhaps the Gray Wolf lineage isn't that fictional after all...

Also, I'll be doing my customary tagging game for the written chapters of the original work. This is in case the entire Kuok clan is worried sick over my future concerning girlfriend and marriage.



Stuff I will do here...
I'll be doing the basic controls via the DualShock format. The reason why I choose Sony is very simple: I'm more familiar with the DualShock interface due me buying a PS2 during my NSF days.

[note from yours truly: Whatever you do, don't try modding your console. On one hand, technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. Secondly, doing stupid things in the past should not be seen as an excuse to break the law.]

At the same time, I'll try thinking on the go concerning the other aspects of gameplay. Before I start things off, however, allow me to up this meme below.

Basic controls
Left analog stick-Character movement (when outside combat)
Right analog stick-Camera zoom

D-pad-Character movement (during combat); browsing character menu.

Square button-Basic attack
Triangle button-Heavy attack (a more powerful version of basic attack)
Cross button-Trigger effect
Circle button-Toggle between Metallurgy and Thaumaturgy

L1-Metallurgy/Thaumaturgy power
R1-Same as above
L2-Self-heal
R2-Focus effect
L1+R1-Instant teleport to Yggdrasil
L2+R2-Normal teleport to Yggdrasil
L1+R1+L2+R2-Elegy power

Options-Open character menu

Start screen
Requiem from Winter Past
Answerer: Aeravor's story path. This is your default character path.
The Two Spears: Guy Cody's story path. Will unlock after fulfilling certain requirements during the Answerer story path.
Replica: Alestrial Eliaden's story path. Will automatically unlock after completing Act I~The Wolf, the Lion, and the Maiden Fair.

From the Age of Renown and Beyond
Songs from the Crucible: Stories of ancient heroes regaled by a random minstrel armed with a spear (then again, it maybe someone we know. Who knows?). In this mode, you'll be able to relive the legends defined by those of valour and wits.
Words from a Sage: Exploration of lore via the insignificant (?) presence of an old man living amongst the ruins of Napishtim where the Holy Quintet Church used to be there. In this mode, you'll be able to engage in a mini-game that looks like this. (note; Of course, this also means I'm not interested in receiving a letter from my fellow Singaporeans).

Yggdrasil to Avalon
Of Songs and Tales: Basically, this is where you configure various aspects of the game like button/control and difficulty level. Also, you can choose how the gameplay is done via three options. Namely, Quartermaster mode, Hoard mode, and Glory mode.
Of Memories and Memoirs: Allows you to watch once again the cutscenes defining the plot and characters. You can also replay certain stages via this mode. However, this is strictly for entertainment purposes. No rewards whatsoever, only replaying.

Boys to Men, Girls to Women
To Conceive: Create your own character. You should know what it means in gaming terms.
To Journey: Send your created character to a journey like never before! Okay, that's a lie. Your created character will only be participating in the events surrounding Requiem from Winter Past. Period.

Next up: I need to write up a treatise of strategy concerning my beloved Boro. After all, Gastón the Beast is now running the risk of becoming Gastón the... well, Gaston. Don't understand what I'm saying? Okay, never mind that...
ESRB level for this game?
Rated T unless you want the gameplay to be more realistic.
Rated M for violence, mature themes, and coarse language.
Yeah, I know I'm being a hypocrite...

No comments:

Post a Comment