"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Friday 12 May 2017

The Voice (of Nathan Hartono)

I blame the ppl in the (Singaporean)Mothership for this. In case you've yet to know it, Nathan Hartono was the protégé of Jay Chou in the first season of Sing! China. Since I'm pretty sure the whole Mandarin format is already a done deal, I suddenly asked myself one question: What if my super mignonne legal housebreaker cum stickwoman asks me which songs I'd like to hear Nathan croon? Not that I'm a fan of his (actually, I'm neutral to plenty of stuff when it comes to entertainment) ofc.

Before that, let me just say Mr Chou's style is not just about hip-hop. His songs can either be a standalone or any mixture of hip-hop, R&B, and traditional Chinese music. When it comes to lyrics, I find the songs can range from the Bruce Lee style to something like All-4-One's I Can Love You Like That. On the melancholic end, he can be a bit of Steve Perry's Foolish Heart.

So why am I so hyped about endorsing someone I'm neutral about? Because I got nothing better to do.

A/N: Pls note that I nvr say Mr Chow instead of Mr Chou in case my super mignonne legal housebreaker cum stickwoman decides to kill me in advance since she alrdy knew where I live.

A/N to Salted Fish: Don't you dare laugh. I know you will eventually read this post.

~Because I need to use a song to kick things off...~


Because all the songs in this post will be Mandarin songs, I might as well add a couple of non-Mandarin songs first. If you think my selection will be random, you're oh-so-terribly wrong. ;)




P.S: Why is it that I'm hoping my super mignonne legal housebreaker cum stickwoman will get to see the 2 vids below?

越漂亮的女人果然越会撒谎。。。



Final P.S: My apologies for this very Chinese post. Now if only I can kick myself into writing a new chapter of A Requiem From Winter Past.

No comments:

Post a Comment