"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Emotions coming back... what this means...

Recently (more specifically for the past few weeks), I realised my emotions are coming back. For many years (read: around a decade or even longer), I noticed I'm losing grip with this aspect of my life. 90% of the time, I couldn't experience emotions fully. 10% of the time, my emotions ended up going to one extreme end or another. I'm not sure whether it's a case of having a narrow range of emotions like Ben Affleck's latest heroic character, but I'm pretty sure Anna Kendrick won't be my girlfriend as a result of this.

Either way, I'll need to adapt one way or another. If I end up having a girlfriend in the near future, then maybe not that bad (and I say maybe because dealing with someone emotionally unhinged can be a challenge). I'm starting to feel like Drizzt Do'Urden in the third book of the Dark Elf trilogy. Period.

Seriously, it's been a roller-coaster ride for the past few days especially. Looking at the American churches entering the dark ages is already bad enough (do you think Trump is really better than Clinton? Just smell the coffee before someone else does it for you). On top of that, some of the dramas ended up making me even more emotionally unhinged. I really hate that evil mama grizzly character in the weekend Taiwanese soap opera, I blame my dad. I really hate that despicable Huang Yuanhao in the local drama Peace and Prosperity, it doesn't really help that taking away the Yuan makes him a Huang Hao (to the culturally unschooled, let this ITE graduate tell you that Huang Hao was the main culprit behind the demise of Shu Han together with Liu Bei's useless son).

And lastly (but perhaps the most impactful), I need to blame my sis' boyfriend for recommending her this drama below.

To be more specific, I blame Dr Park Hoon's character struggles more than anything else (including his romance with Song Jae-hee/Dr Han Seung-hee).

A/N: If Descendants of the Sun deserved an A, then Doctor Stranger deserves an A+. Okay, I admit I never watched the former. Have to give it to the Koreans for trying out new things on drama creativity though. Not every day this happens.

Maybe I should start a song to kick off this post



Basically a random playlist reflecting the emotional future to come (?)


Note: I actually prefer this version to the 2016 version. The melody is more haunting, the feel is more... well, Guts.



Okay, it's getting late now. Need to sleep soon. I know this post is really damn short.

P.S: Started the editing of the second chapter of A Requiem from Winter Past. Apparently, there are too many emotional distractions. Maybe I should do a bit more here.

A stinging slap greeted Arylos' cheek, a faint smile drawn across mocking Cyrea's ire. This was a war, the battlefield has never been merciful. But needlessly sacrificing a bunch of lives in the name of victory was nothing short of sacrilege to the sun elf.

"What's wrong?"

Goaded further by a question devoid of feelings, Cyrea raised her hand. once more Grabbing her wrist before the blow could reach his face, Arylos locked his stare at the Ar-tel-quessir maiden.

"You sent a good number of innocent lives to their end, knave."

"You're right."

With those words, Arylos released his grip. Only to be slapped the second time.

"Have you ever tried crying for another person? Or perhaps you see this as an act beneath yourself," snapped Cyrea, her eyes flashing like embers burning bright.

"Neither," shrugged the wood elf.

"That's all?"

"Yes, that's all."

"You don't deserve a home," Cyrea's stomach turned at the notion of the wood elf never valuing a life before. Surely he must have tasted loss before. Yet if that was the case...

"These brave souls shared the same level ground as me. Namely, the battlefield," answered Arylos nonchalantly, his tone betraying neither shame nor guilt, "Sooner or later, they will be warped into plaguechanged creatures doing battle with those they used to call friends."

"So you're being merciful?" whispered Sheallyn as she stood at one side.

"Merciful? I don't play the hypocrite here or anywhere else," replied Arylos, "I merely chose the best method of winning. As it turned out, we don't have to worry about aberrants marching north. At least for now."

Lives were at stake, Sheallyn Melarn knew the cold hard truth behind such a sacrifice. It was never the fact of lives lost which grated on Cyrea. It was how things were done at the end of the day. Elminster only gave them the one thing capable of creating a massive anti-aberrant field. How to trigger it should be down to the user, for her mentor never said anything else. Arylos, in turn, amplified the power via his link to the Feywild. Never a good idea to mix magic with a huge dose of chaotic power at such a manner of terrain, the drow cautioned herself.

"You fiend," growled Cyrea, her visage twisted into one of unbridled anger and contempt.

"The real fiend is out there, not me."

For a brief moment, Cyrea thought she saw a flicker of simmering rage in Arylos' amber orbs. If this was truly so, then Arylos opted not to expose his emotion as his finger pointed out towards the exit of Fort Precipice.

"The hell we are now fighting against right now, do you think it stands alone?"

A rebuttal from the hero of Neverwinter threw Cyrea off her guard. Damning memories of her only lover invaded her mind, the pain of loss and betrayal piercing her like a thousand arrows. Mourners declared Ilyath Le'Quella a hero dead for a worthy cause, but she knew better. Her family had never approved of their relationship, their promise of giving her hand in marriage was merely a ploy to get rid of him. Even now after countless years, she still wore the necklace given to her as a pledge of love.

"Silent now, aren't we?" smirked Arylos, "I don't deserve a home because there's none waiting for me. It's that simple."

With those words, the hero of Neverwinter turned his back and walked away. The lives snuffed out by his decision knew their time was near, that Arylos had never lied to them by preaching optimism. It's one thing to bluff the enemy, quite another to deceive those undeserving of a lie.

Then there was that annoying princess accusing him. For a brief moment, it seemed as if Arylos was taken back to a peaceful past. That Cyrea Durothil reminded him of the one person he forever had lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment