"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
~Aristotle

Saturday 28 October 2017

THEY KILLED LANCE(R)!!!!!!!

Just now, something funny happened. In fact, it felt almost as if some agent of HYDRA!!!!!! decided to hack into Marvel Heroes Omega. Something dodgy happened and the connection died. Not for my side, but only Marvel Heroes Omega. It's like some sort of DDOS assault launched in full force. Just don't ask me why. My user handle goes by the name singawine, but I'm sure that's not the reason why HYDRA!!!!!! decided to launch a full force DDOS assault. After all, you don't confuse my singawine with another entity's China Wine in the same way Nightcrawler is never Azazel.
Although that Star Wars moment is anything but forgettable.

For some funny reason, I decided that random Hydra agents (i.e. not Bob because he actually got a name) screaming "HYDRA!!!!!!" should be something outright hilarious.

And speaking of a "suspected" DDOS...
I suddenly feel like doing something. You can call it making fun of a specific someone, I prefer to call it Deadpool humor. Recently, I realised something interesting: Someone might have blocked me in the past and that someone decided to unblock me for some funny reason. Assuming I'm not imagining things, I decided to do something... well, you get the drift whenever Deadpool got either Bob or Weasel in a fight instead of his BFF (i.e. Badass Friend Forever) Cable.


To understand better the joke behind Lancer dying in every Fate/stay night route, check out this vid below. Apparently, either Nasu, Takeuchi, or both are fans of South Park.

This is what you get for having Luck at Rank E. Or was that Kenny?

What this post will be all about...
I've started writing a new chapter of A Requiem From Winter Past like a couple of days ago. I know this sounds crazy, but it felt absolutely weird seeing this after I started writing my new chapter. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but let's just say it still feels weird.

All in all, this post is a total recall from *previously in X-Men*. In my last post so as to speak, I touched on my very own ABC (note: NOT this kind of ABC). Then I realised I've created a rock which I cannot lift. Sounds like a paradox? That's because I'm not God.

完全リコール~絶対矛盾!!!!!!!*
*Just don't ask me whether Aragaki Yui will star in a drama non-existent.

But before that...
I need to "rephrase" the b-word. Instead of bracket, I need to find a cooler alternative. Bracket sounds so... banal, I guess.

Seasons? This one sounds too flowery/pompous for a world shrouded in darkness where gods do not exist.

Tetradeum? The Latin noun for four sounds nice. A wee bit too long perhaps?

Deum. Yes! I think I know which word I'm gonna use. It's the d-word. Officially, I'm gonna call it Deum.

In other words, we have the deum of spring, deum of summer, deum of autumn, and deum of winter. Yay! Problem solved!
That moment when you realized things have fallen into place...
Bridge runes
While bridge runes are used to connect the power to the user (or vice versa depending on your personal preference of order), there is a rule. Each deum has a specific bridge rune. After all, I need to make sure every rune is a useful rune in the same way every school (in Singapore) is a good school (read: I find that being a Tampines JC dropout doesn't make you less useful than a university graduate). While I did include this part in the last post, I feel the need to so-call "copy and paste". Hence, below is the list of which bridge rune to which deum.

Earrach (Deum of spring)-Es
Samhradh (Deum of summer)-Ia
Fomhar (Deum of autumn)-Or
Geimhreadh (Deum of winter)-Uf
Zyf (Deum of nihilo)-Aark

Notes:
1. I don't know how to describe the proper way to pronounce the individual runes for all the curious black cats out there like yours truly. However, the so-called first part of pronunciation should follow how you pronounce the individual alphabets (I mean the universal ABC, not my ABC or the other ABC).

2. Ia as a rune shouldn't be confused with every horny guy's fave pastime. It's like confusing Ea with the same thing. The proper pronunciation for Ia is i-yeh, not ee-yah.

3. Singaporeans may not understand Irish. In fact, it took me a Google to discover the Irish words for the spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Apparently, I'm truly born on 1st Nov in the year of the dog. Hopefully, this won't mean I will die early like Lance(r). I do admit having a Rank E Luck, though.

4. Incidentally, the pronunciation of Uf should sound like youth even though winter is never associated with youthfulness (that'd be spring or summer). I'll be 35 this year and I swear I look like someone of 25. Also, Uf, on the first glance, really reads like Ulf. Any association between me and Aeravor should be seen as either accidental or coincidental. As for which one, it depends on your interpretation.

5. Unlike the so-called normal deums, nihilo is NOT an Irish word. Rather, it is the Latin word for emptiness or nothingness. That's why we have stuff like ex nihilo and nihilism in our vocabulary.



Earrach:
Bors-Grants both the user and allies immunity to any negative effects, both physical and mental for a short period of time.

Cers-Inducing mental calm within the user, hence fostering heightened resistance to any negative mental effects like depression or terror.

Darg-Stimulates blood circulation in the user which would result in heightened reflexes.

Fleig-Cleanses the user of any negative physical effects like poison and bleeding.

Gis-Creates a bounded field which restores the user's health over time while enabling continual usage of magic without fatigue. All allies within the field will also receive this effect in full.

Notes:
1. Bors was the name of a knight in Arthurian folklore. Apparently, he was one of the "lucky" trinity to complete the Holy Grail achievement (the other two being Galahad and Percival).
As a rune, Bors means fort.

2. Cers is derived from Ceres, the name of the Roman goddess bossing agriculture, fertility, and motherly relationships (which I perceive to be the goddess of all mothers).
As a rune, Cers means refuge.

3. Darg is derived from Dearg, the Irish word for red.
As a rune, Darg means blood.

4. Fleig is my own way poking more fun at Fegelein. And I don't mean the real McCoy.
As a rune, Fleig means banner.



5. Gis is something accidentally derived from the word Irish word geas. I was actually attempting something a wee bit Japanese. I can assure you all that it's not for the sake of impressing Aragaki Yui.
As a rune, Gis means gift.

Samhradh:
Hel-Creates a spike in damage dealt. I don't have to explain to you what happens to people when they come into contact with fire the wrong way. Jolin, I think you're still at level 3, right? Not that I'm referring to Ward 43 otherwise known as the burn centre.



Jorm-Creates a searing pain within the target. Best way to explain it is the kind of poison which would cause a burning sensation throughout your body. May sound a bit like getting gonorrhoea, but it's definitely much, much worse. If Hel is about burning the target from the outside, then Jorm is all about burning from the inside.

Kaer-Creates a spike in adrenaline within allies. Try imagining Norsaic berserkers minus the drugs or/plus whatever. If no BFFs can be found, however...


Les-Basically, it's a wide-reaching circular wall of fire created after the phenomenon expires. The Les would not affect any allies caught within the range.

Mar-Creates a bounded field where all allies gain increased strength and fortitude. The user gains increased movement speed on top of above-mentioned effects.


Notes:
1. Hel is not referring to Hela. That one belongs to Marvel, not the Norse. I basically "pilfered" the Norsaic version since getting sued by Mr (Stan) Lee is never a good idea.
As a rune, Hel means pyre.

2. Jorm is Jörmungandr in a very... well, Ragnarok sense.
As a rune, Jorm means flare.

3. Kaer was intended as the variation of Caer (the Welsh word for stronghold). I actually forgot about Kaer Morhen.
As a rune, Kaer means king.

4. Les is definitely not the short form for lesbian. I was planning to do something French and LesPros Entertainment popped up. I have to be honest here, this time Aragaki Yui actually played a part, no matter how minor or major.
As a rune, Les means circle.

5. Mar is derived from Mars, the Roman bro to Ares. At the same time, Mar is also the title abbreviation of a shonen manga series by Anzai Nobuyuki (although the real deal reads like MÄR).
As a rune, Mar means battle.


Fomhar:
Nid-Next damage dealt by the user once any phenomenon has ended will recover a portion of health on a proportionate basis.

Pros-User deals increased damage throughout any phenomenon duration. The lower the user's health, the more damage dealt.

Qui-Induces a rush of emotions within the user in a single burst. Attacks will be faster and will hit harder at the expense of defensive awareness.

Rag-Increases the user's defensive awareness in exchange for a portion of the user's life force.

Ste-Creates a bounded field where illusionary leaves of gold are conjured at random (read: beyond the user's beck and call). The user and any ally are able to attack target opponent behind the cover via teleportation.

Note:
1. Nid is derived from Nidhogg, the anglicised version of Níðhöggr, the serpent/dragon living in Yggdrasil's basement.
As a rune, Nid means steal.

2. Pros is basically the second half of LesPros.
As a rune, Pros means struggle.

3. Qui is derived from the Spanish novel Don Quixote.
As a rune, Qui means regret.

4. Rag is derived from Ragnarok. Basically the Norsaic version of Armageddon.
As a rune, Rag means twilight.

5. Ste is derived from the word Stig. At the same time, there's another reason which I'm not in the position to disclose. Because I'll be killed like Lancer if I do so.
As a rune, Ste means beauty.

Geimhreadh:
Tev-User is able to execute any manner of counter-attack in a burst of martial awareness after using any thaumaturgy.

Hopefully, I don't get killed like Lancer over this vid. It's bad enough that I got his Irish luck.


Van-User's next attack from the user after any thaumaturgy will deal greater damage upon hit. The resultant force will be affected by how near the opponent is to death (i.e. the nearer the target is to death, the greater the force of the attack).

Wod-Any thaumaturgy effect will be maintained so long the user stays put at one spot. The user's ability to parry will also be heightened.

Xiv-Should the user's weapon comes into contact with the opponent during or shortly after any thaumaturgy effect, a burst of cold will engulf the target.

Yet-Creates a bounded field where the user's focus is pushed to the limit. Every blow is capable of rending even the finest armour while every hit taken will only heighten the user's focus with nary a scratch. If there are any allies present in the bounded field, both the user and allies will be given the rune effect of Xiv for the entire duration instead without the need for thaumaturgy.

Notes:
1. To be honest, Tev is derived from... okay, refer to what I said about Ste. I'm not interested in getting killed like Lancer.
As a rune, Tev means cold. At the same time, Aeravor actually used it before.

2. Van should be very straightforward. It is derived from Vánagandr. At the same time, the River Ván is also where the name Vánagandr is hailed from.
As a rune, Van means mortality.

3. Wod is derived from Wōden, the Old English version of Odin's name.
As a rune, Wod means wood (yes, I know that's terribly lame).

4. Xiv is derived from a non-mythology source. Namely, some Thayan bloke.
As a rune, Xiv means blizzard.

5. Yet is basically a case me hitting a dry well. I can't think of anything better. Then the Chinese surname Ye popped up. I think I'm really going to die like Lancer.
As a rune, Yet means survival.


Just a deum in name:
Zyf-Nullify any thaumaturgy effect and recreating it for the user's own. Sounds like taichi, but more impressionnant since the process of recreating involves liberties taken (read: the process of recreating can result in something totally different).

Note:
1. Zyf is derived from two words. Namely, Zephyr and Ziph. Ziph is actually the name of an ancient Israelite city where David sought refuge before. Long story short, the people there decided to curry favour with Saul instead of helping the son of Jesse.
As a rune, Zyf means the end.

2. Aark is derived from Noah's ark. More specifically the ark itself since no one gave that floating wooden box a name.
As a rune, Aark means revert.




P.S: Burnt out right now. Apparently, I don't have a life. That's why I'm cursed with the insane focus of a mad genius, true genius or no genius. Perhaps I truly need a MRI scan to confirm whether I'm really a genius.

Add P.S: If you see the word phenomenon being used, be assured that it's referring to the visual aspect of thaumaturgy. In short, both terms can be used interchangeably.

Final P.S: Thaumaturgy refers to both the visual aspect (phenomenon) and the process.

Next up-Weapons and technique now that thaumaturgy class is now over. At least hopefully so since my brain is more back-and-forth than Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment